Monday, February 3, 2014

The Inheritance Cycle

           The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini comprises of four books: Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance. Paolini was only 19 when the first book was published, but his imagination is boundless. Some people criticize the writing, but I found the series captivating and the writing imaginative.  I couldn’t wait to finish them all.

            Eragon is the main character.  He’s a boy who ends up discovering a dragon egg.  Eragon opens a large can of worms when the egg comes to him.  The books are filled with adventure, fighting and intrigue.  The violence is not sickening, but I would still suggest it for the more mature readers.  There are also two love stories within the series.  I loved this series and I think it’s a perfect addition to any young adult’s library.  Again, I would recommend this series for advanced middle school readers and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment